The ramblings of a rooster collecting, cowboy lovin', country girl with a little renovating and crafting thrown in too!



Saturday, March 14, 2009

What do I do???

Well today has been an interesting day to say the least. I got my office cleaned out and made some progress around the house. This afternoon my mother-in-law called me. A little background.... she lived with us until about 2 years ago when she moved to a seniors apartment complex. It has been so peaceful and stress free since she left since she didnt exactly like me. She made me always feel inadequate and sometimes a stranger in my own home. It was like walking on eggshells everyday. Well...she wants to come back.... ARRRGHHH!!! She asked me to talk to my husband about it(her son) but realistically whats the sense??? How can I in all good conscience tell her no? She is his mother!She is 80 years old...nosey,manipulative and a chronic complainer. Nothing we will do will be right by her but she says she is lonely and thinks she shouldnt be on her own. What am I going to do??? I may have a big Old 5 bedroom house...but Im still not sure its big enough for both of us! HELP!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can remember what it was like when she lived with you before. While I am sure you guys could use the financial help of having her staying there, I don't know how your mental state would weather! Doesn't she drive still? What does Dave say? Its going to be a hard decision but I know he will feel obligated to have her there. Too bad you don't have a 'mother-in-law' apartment in the house... then she could live there but have her own space too. Can she maybe find a place closer to you guys where Dave can check on her daily???

    I'm sorry Sis.... you can come live with me!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for coming by my blog with your sweet comments. I enjoyed looking over your blog. It looks like you have a lot of projects with your wonderful home! But it will be all worth it when it's over with. Okay, I guess house projects are never ending....LOL

    ReplyDelete