The ramblings of a rooster collecting, cowboy lovin', country girl with a little renovating and crafting thrown in too!



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A yummy recipe and a few Christmas pics

Im finally getting a few things done around here! These pics dont do justice to my house at all. I really need a new camera. I decided to keep my mantle simple this year. I will be glad when we get rid of those lights!
This is one of my trees and the only one I have up so far. Its actually three trees on one base. Its hard to see the ornaments but most are primitive wooden ones. Under the tree are two pieces of my Boyds collection. I just love the Santa bear with his list.
I couldnt resist this guy when I was out shopping a few weeks ago. He is hanging on the front of an old armoire that sits in my livingroom. He may be grungy but looks so festive in his hat!
Now for a yummy recipe. This is so easy and soooo good!
Candy Cane Bark

Ingredients:

1 package Bakers semi sweet chocolate
1 package Bakers white chocolate
2 candy canes

Spread wax paper on a large cookie sheet.
Melt Semi sweet chocolate and spread it over the sheet.
Melt white chocolate and drip it over the dark chocolate.
Using a butter knife swirl white and dark chocolate together.
Spread crushed candy canes over the chocolate mixture to flavor.
Place in fridge until hardened.
Crack into bark like pieces and freeze.

Here is a pic of mine....it wont last long. It is sooo good and took me about 10 minutes to make.

Have a great week everyone. I hope to get back for another post soon. More pics when my house is actually decorated and clean!

Holli



2 comments:

  1. That is really pretty looking too! Wendell doesn't like peppermint but I may have to try it!

    Get the rest of those trees up sis! :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bark looks DEE-LICIOUS! I love the 3 trees in one, how unique and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete