The ramblings of a rooster collecting, cowboy lovin', country girl with a little renovating and crafting thrown in too!



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Italian and Austrian!

I am just super thrilled today to have my son back on Canadian soil! And he spoiled me!! We are very close and sometimes I think he is growing up and not going to remember he still needs me but wow he sure surprised me when he got home. I love red and especially have a thing for red purses. Aidan brought me this beautiful Italian leather purse that he picked out all on his own in Italy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Then he pulls out this Swarovski crystal necklace as if the purse wasnt enough! When they were in Austria they visited the biggest Swarovski store in Europe. I also have a thing for lime green....and I am still in awe that he thought about that!
So after all my worrying....he is home safe and sound and I am so proud that I have raised such a thoughtful young man. His dad and I divorced when he was just 5 and I think that has made the bond between him and I so much stronger. Even though I have been remarried for 10 years this summer he and I remain as close as if it has always been just the two of us. I am truly going to be lost when he goes off to university this fall but at the same time ever so proud of the man he has become.

7 comments:

  1. What a remarkable young man you raised! He sure knows how to treat a lady including his sweet mama! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Holli! I love the purse he bought you, how thoughtful!!!! Glad he's back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holli,
    What wonderful goodies he got for you!! I can tell that he loves his mom very much. I'm so glad for you that he is back home. No more worrying...well, until he goes off to university in the fall. But as mother's we never really stop being worried, do we!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. that young man has great taste..glad he is back safe and sound.,:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. he did awesome!! You have raised a wonderful young man. You did good Holli. Now you can relax.. lol. Have a great Sunday.

    Big Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. What good taste he has! How nice of him to remember his mama like that. My son has one year of high school left, and plans on going to college out of state. I don't know what I'm going to do either! Be glad we raised good boys, right?
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a thing for red purses too Holli. I buy a new red purse every year. That necklace is fabulous. You tell that young man of yours he's the real gem! You and your son are blessed to have such a close relationship.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete