The ramblings of a rooster collecting, cowboy lovin', country girl with a little renovating and crafting thrown in too!



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where does the time go???

I am sorry I have been a slack blogger over the summer. We have had a busy one and not all of it good! I hope to be back to normal soon.

This week is the last week for my son being home. he moves into University residence a week from today. Its only 40 minutes away but that seems like a million miles to this momma! He is my only child and I am so proud of him but so very sad to have him moving out. Its a bittersweet time for me.

Most of you know I work in sales and that job just goes crazy come September. Some day I hope to learn how to organise my time much better than I do now! My boss also picked up a new line of cosmetics so starting the end of this week I have set ups to do in 18 stores plus everything else going on.

I did the Prim Pals Autumn swap and I will show you the fun things I made as soon as my pal receives them! I am hoping to have some time to make some for myself too.

On a not so great note my brother was admitted to hospital again Thursday evening. I spent the weekend with my mom and visiting him. Since coming home 3 weeks ago he has done so well and we are so very proud of him for abstaining from his vice. Unfortunately with his liver not functioning at 100% he has slowly been building up fluid again. His potassium was also very low and he was falling asleep constantly. They have corrected that and are working on the fluid with a stronger diuretic. All we can do is pray but I suspect the prognosis at this point is not good. My dad always used a saying * A day late and a dollar short*. I was reminded of that when my brother landed back in the hospital. Sometimes the turn around is just not soon enough to make a difference.

So I hope you all are having a good summer and I have been reading some just havent kept up like I should. I will try to gather my thoughts and get organised to post more!!

Holli

3 comments:

  1. Holli, your brother continues to stay in my prayers,and i know you will miss your son alot but 40 minutes is not bad, at least it's drivable:) We are leaving in 9 days for Georgia to see mine:D Expect LOTS of pics when i get back;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. Love you bunches, girlfriend!
    Hugs,
    Donnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will find so many things that need to be done or that you want to do. And it sounds as if he can come home on weekends, being so close. I know it is hard letting go, but it will get easier.
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother. He must be so sad. At least, he knows he did the right thing and God has made room for him in his loving arms.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete